Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inpogo
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Donate To Hookup
If you would like to donate to Hookup feel free. We appreciate any and all donations. Thank you.. Hookup
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mourning the loss of Common Sense

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Administrator
Rhonda

Mourning the loss of Common Sense Empty
PostSubject: Mourning the loss of Common Sense   Mourning the loss of Common Sense EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:17 am

Today I am mourning the loss of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with me for many years. I'm not sure how old he was; his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Mourning the loss of Common Sense Deadthread

Common Sense lived by simple sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, NOT children, are in charge).

His health began deteriorating rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set into place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harrassment for innocently kissing a classmate, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

Common Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student but could not inform parents when the student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense declined further still when churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is, unfortunately, survived by his 4 stepbrothers, I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Sad to say it, but not many attended his funeral because so few realized that he was gone.

(I am not the author of this obituary. This was sent to me from a friend. Just wanted to share it because it seems that common sense is not being used these days as it should.)
Mourning the loss of Common Sense DodensmileyMourning the loss of Common Sense Soldiergrave
Back to top Go down
https://mypogohookup.rpg-board.net

Mourning the loss of Common Sense
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MyPogoHookup :: Non Pogo Posts Here-
Jump to: