Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inpogo
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Donate To Hookup
If you would like to donate to Hookup feel free. We appreciate any and all donations. Thank you.. Hookup
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

About the future of Hookup

Go down 
5 posters

Hookup
Yes, look for a new site
About the future of Hookup Empty0%About the future of Hookup Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
No, stay here
About the future of Hookup Empty29%About the future of Hookup Empty
 29% [ 2 ]
Yes, keep the boards simple
About the future of Hookup Empty43%About the future of Hookup Empty
 43% [ 3 ]
No, add more
About the future of Hookup Empty0%About the future of Hookup Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, arcade with no score keeping is ok
About the future of Hookup Empty14%About the future of Hookup Empty
 14% [ 1 ]
No, arcade with no score keeping is not ok
About the future of Hookup Empty14%About the future of Hookup Empty
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Administrator
Rhonda

About the future of Hookup Empty
PostSubject: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Girls, it looks like this is our new home from now on unless someone is willing to help me find another place to host Hookup. I should be getting a little refund for our unused time from the last site so if we need to pay some each month for a better site we can. This site is free and is good, but as we know there is no sound for the chat box which is important to us.

Here are some things to look for if anyone wants to look around for a diff site...

A site that has most of these would be great....

Unlimited space to use
Pre-Modded
Free or low cost
Chat or shout box with SOUND
Arcade
Easily added Mods
Private Messaging
Email Servicing
Unlimited Members & Posts
Unlimited Bandwidth
99.9% server uptime

Another thing to consider is do you girls want to stick with this site or would you be willing to register again if another site is found?

Anna and i were hoping the old Hookup site could be recovered ,but i got an email from support last night. Here is a snippit from the mail....

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Quote :
We are sorry to say your site has been hacked.Unfortunately, when something like this occurs there is nothing that can be done to repair such an action.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The important thing is we need a site that is not overly complicated. The older site you needed to be a coder to add anything, take anything off or fix a problem. The person we had doing that has been in rehab a year now after his stroke. I have been dreading when someone really went wrong.

So, please think about what you want and take time to use the poll so we know what to do.

You can reply with things you'd like to see on the forum. That will help improve this one or help to find another site host that will offer us the most in what we want.

I am working on minor fixes like how the posts work Right now when you use smilies they go to the bottom of the page and when you use things like color and size they do not play correctly.

We will work this out i promise. We won't be as spoiled with all the goodies we had at the older site though.

Also, all post counts are lost. This is just like we are brand new. I think i can still do badges but in a different way. We all can have our own personal photo albums here so i could maybe make badge albums and place them inside for everyone. We also have a blog service. There are a few nice features here, but i am still looking around like all of us.

The poll questions are.....

Question Stay at this site or find a better one if we can do it Question

Question Keep the boards simple or add many more topics Question

Question Arcade or no Arcade Question

redheart redheart redheart redheart

Last edited by Rhonda on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mypogohookup.rpg-board.net
ceecee171516
Experienced Member
ceecee171516

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 pm

I voted
Back to top Go down
annaj
Administrator
annaj

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:54 pm

voted

where would i go to help look for sites

i think ev 1 would like to have arcade if possible.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Administrator
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Don't ya think we should explore the site and see all the things it offers before voting a no on it? teehee

If we make a snap judgement then it is going to be a no anywhere we go.
Also, i know most have a very hard time with change and this is a HUGE change.

Keep in mind ...
1. There is NO getting the old Hookup site back Sad
2. All the things we had there are impossible to get back without someone that knows how to code.
3. What all is really missing from here that was at the old site? Chat sound and an arcade. Both are possible to get.It is just taking me some time.

I am going to make a post today to point out what all this site offers. Keep in mind that any site we mover to will be in the same neighborhood as this one. It will not be like the old site. I just do not know how to code. Sad

PLEEEEEEEASE look at all new posts daily. I might need to ask Q's and get opinions from you girls. I really do not want to work on this site if the majority is against it. I need feedback and to be honest it is hard to try to make a site work and most posts made go unread.It's kind of disheartening.This is where i think keeping the boards simple helps. It is not so over whelming.

I have reset the poll and added a new option to vote on. You will need to vote on 3 things then submit your vote.If you would like to wait until i make the post with all this site offers please feel free to.I will be posting it today.
Back to top Go down
sunny2000usausa
Experienced Member
sunny2000usausa

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Voted again
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Administrator
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:38 am

We now have a great chat box. See, it's looking up!

Let's try to think on the positive and not the negative girls.

We can't go back. Sad
Back to top Go down
MyGodchildrenCH
Skilled Member
MyGodchildrenCH

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey this site is not to bad at all. It's getting use to something different.
and having to start all over again. but my daddy use to say "a new beginning it better then a million bucks if you start over with the right people"
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Administrator
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks ruby!

I agree, it isn't the easiest thing. It's not like we had time to even think about it before it happened. It was a shock but yeah, it's with you girls so it's all ok in the end.

love
Back to top Go down
MyGodchildrenCH
Skilled Member
MyGodchildrenCH

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:32 pm

I voted
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Administrator
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Here is an update.

I have found a place. It is just like what we had.

Here is the issue with it.

It will cost $66 a year to make it so we can add all we want like arcade,post count changes,ect.

That isn't bad. It was over $100 a year at the other place.

I do not know how to add mods. Mods are modifications. Like so we can have an arcade and change post counts,ect. So i would have to pay to have them done. I am waiting on cost for that but staff will do it for me. I would get what we need there to start with and then pay here and there to add fun extras.

Or i can pay $4.95 a month and we have chat,an arcade that has some games but we can not add to it,a cash shop. You buy items with points you get from posting.

Or Have a free one with the above but no cash shop.

Or we stay here.

So that is where we are. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
annaj
Administrator
annaj

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 pm

sounds good rho,i could help u with the cost alittle here n there,if we switch.hugsssss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the future of Hookup   About the future of Hookup Empty

Back to top Go down

About the future of Hookup
Page 1 of 1